Logo

Green Brigade Banned From Ibrox

Date: 10th December 2010 at 8:42 pm
Written by: | Comments (25)

The have been one of the highlights of the past few seasons at the library that Celtic Park is. The introduction of their own section, sanctioned by the PLC, the introduction of a drum and the acceptance of Depeche Mode as anthem has made this season interesting off the park.

Against Information Computer Technology their silent 20 minute protest then subsequent burst into life – that saw the stadium give them a standing ovation – has been the highlight of recent home games.

This type of protest is unseen on these shores. The authorities seen unable to deal with this European styled group. They are trailblazing a path that others are struggling to comprehend nevermind follow.

The fall out from Poppy Gate ( views on the protest are here and the aftermath here) has seen a change in tact from a board. It seems that instead of banning the GB from Celtic Park, as they threatened they will just ban them from Ibrox by stopping them or anyone else in section 111 getting offered tickets for this game no matter if they haven’t missed an away game this season.

The season book holders in that section are getting the message that : THIS TIME YOU DON’T HAVE THE CORRECT PRIVILEGES ON YOUR ACCOUNT. Any queries are getting meet with the line: it’s a computer ballot.

If you believe that then if you look out your window you will see a flying pig.

It’s not the first time that the PLC have used underhand tactics against the GB. The banner below saw a bluemail campaign from those who claim we are the offended ones and the PLC helped Strathclyde Polis (them again) identify those who held the banner and sectarian breach of the peace charges were brought against those fingered.

The Procurator Fiscal has said the accused had no case to answer.  A blow to those who wish to be offended.

The PLC knew what they were getting with the Green Brigade, I don’t think they know what they will get if they continue to take their money and persecute them.

They seemed to be liked, or dare I say LOVED, by the majority of the rank and file season book holders I come into contact with. They pay their money as well.

[image]

Do you have a rumour, gossip, examples of hypocrisy in the media or from them, a video or a story that you feel should be given the treatment? Contact thecelticblog1@gmail.com

Be Sociable, Share!

Related posts:

Player Ratings, Celtic v R*ngers. MOTM You Decide!
"Lennon must go. It's plainly obvious"
That Was The Week That Was #6: I Once Went To Madame Tussauds Edition.

25 thoughts on “Green Brigade Banned From Ibrox

• seltikbhoy67
    4 years ago

What is the Information computer tech stuff about ?

I google’d it and got the Wiki page, but it’s all computer geek speak.

I don’t think it’s the Board with the problem with the GB, 2 me it looks like a war between Chairman Reid and them.

Or is it All the board who have an issue with them ?

I think they are Gr8, remind me a bit of my old Jungle days, I wish they would resurrect that place, Atmosphere would be Morgue like without those in section 111.

There is a 40th anniversary for the Ibrox disaster on January 2nd game.

Do you think the board are trying to avoid any conflict ?

Keeping the GB away, maybe worried about one or 2 youngsters might break the silence ?

I think after the poppy issue the Board want all this to blow over, as I know the Irish CSC and a few other CSC voiced there unhappiness with the Board over the threats of Bans.

Will end up opening up a big can of worms if they start banning fans for free speech.

Never a Dull moment eh!!

SeltikBhoy 67
    Hail Hail

• lordofthewing
      4 years ago

the GB are quite open with their views on the disaster song, it’s not acceptable nor is breaking a silence. we have enough idiots in our support who will break that silence and they won’t all be young.

information computer technology is blog speak for Inverness, but then you know that….

• Roger
        4 years ago

The GB do not sing any song linked to the ibrox disaster and never will. Also maybe 1 or 2 people in section 111 have been offered a ticket for ibrox but i can guarentee there are at the very least 50 that should have got letters. Thats being generous it is no doubt 150+.

• lordofthewing

Inside info post?

• Antony
    4 years ago

Not true, people on the forums in Section 111 have been offered tickets.

• lordofthewing
      4 years ago

must just be the people who have GB allocated season books then, which is worse.

• seltikbhoy67
    4 years ago

(Not wish),- It would be good if that place was resurrected.

Seltikbhoy67

• ianin440
    4 years ago

As far as I know I`ve been in every ballot for Ibrox since the last time I was there in March 2000.I haven`t felt persecuted. At least the tickets are going to Celtic supporters. I can understand why you like the Green Brigade but I wish they would stop the IRA chants.

• lordofthewing
      4 years ago

they have been very good Iain but I don’t always agree with them but then they want that and like that. we are not all sheep.

• Tim Molloy
    4 years ago

I’ve been at about 75% of all home games this past two seasons ( not bad considering I travel from Ireland) and I haven’t heard GB chanting IRA slogans at Celtic Park. Ever. I only hear that do-do-do music when they dance side to side, I just can’t get enough, their version of that song from Sister act ‘I love him’ oh oh oh oh oh oh etc. Any songs about the RA are few and far between these days TBH ( BOTOB very occasionally) and they seem to just briefly waft about the whole stadium.

• seltikbhoy67
    4 years ago

I never picked up on the Inverness thing, (Information Computer tech stuff ).It was a genuine question.

I’ve been googl’n it for the last 15 minutes trying to work out why the GB would be protesting it, The fool I look!!
    SeltikBhoy67

• Thederrypele
    4 years ago

This is shit the green brigade are the atmosphere at celtic park while everyone else is sitting on theyre arse they shouldbe the first to get offerd thr tickets for ibrox

• monkeygg
    4 years ago

I haven’t been offered a ticket fro Ibrox since 2002. So some folk in Section 111 haven’t been offered a ticket this time round…Big deal, get over it.

• lordofthewing
      4 years ago

Maybe you don’t deserve to be offered a ticket. You might be one of those bad folk that sing.

• eustace p merryweather
    4 years ago

Ther green brigade have taken the celtic support through a bad tim. If it was not for the green brigade we would have no atmosphere at paradise.

Reid is a old style labour bully. Its a disgrace we have a war criminal as chairman and now he starts this rubbish

Does he want an empty silent paradise as he may get his wish

• Chuntering fuckwit
    4 years ago

The huns will be wanting a minutes silence and a minute later will be singing the famine song

• lordofthewing
      4 years ago

love the name. true, like them shouting during the last minutes silence at ipox, which the meeja covered up…

• lordofthewing
      4 years ago

should get a profile pic

actually youse all should.

• joebhoy
    4 years ago

just hope the fans observe the minutes silence,we dont need to give them ANY ammo to use against us-also the disaster took the lives of many boys who were friendly with celtic fans,so it would hurt me if anything happened to a pal of mine that supports them and then celtic fans breaking the silence in their honour-hail hail-j

• lordofthewing
      4 years ago

that’s a world peace speech befitting of any Miss World contestant. i wholly agree, buckfast mixed with no brains does not.

• chaz
    4 years ago

green brigade god bless use all

• Brian
    4 years ago

Green brigade winners of next years x factor , chaz ur a rocket ur getting no money

• bimbo
    4 years ago

The GB have never disrupted any minutes applause or minutes silence,so everyone knows they wont do it at IPOX.
    The constant harassment in section 111 which resulted in patdown searches at the turnstyles before the Inverness game,is just in a long line of crap the GB have had to put up with.
    Ban the GB from 111 or the whole of Celtic park wont work.
    Going back to this game on jan 2nd,the huns will for sure sing about big Jock,the same man who helped the dead and dying at the same game they demand respect for.
    Every Celtic fan should respect the minute silence on jan 2nd.

Your Comment