It was like the morning after the mother of all parties. Everyone was gingerly tip toeing around empty cans, overturned ash trays and recriminations not caring that they needed to tidy up, get some food and wine in as they had guests coming round hoping for some entertainment.
So, what did we learn?
1) We have a lot to thank Kris Commons for. 5 goals since his arrival, he get’s use out of Shaun Maloneys XXL shorts and him not signing for R*ngers caused them to sign Joof.
2) I’m not an expert on body language but the distance between Samaras and Stokes I think alludes to that they may not like each other. That leads to the question does Stokes like anyone as he seems a bit high maintenance? Skippy reincarnated with added Irish bitterness.
3) Lennon may find sitting in the stand difficult if the Tv pictures of him standing up and bellowing at the pitch – instead of using the phone – are anything to go by.
4) Have we ever played well against The Academicals since they returned to the SPL? They looked like a team that has accepted their relegation. I won’t be sad to see the back of them and their ironic away kits, toad of a manager and 63 away fans. A perfect reason why a 16 team SPL is a bad idea.
5) The bookings are racking up and will soon take their toll with suspensions biting. This must be getting noticed, after we all watched Kayal receiving a ludicrous booking in the closing stages of a game that had ceased to be a contest just before half time.