Posted on Friday, 29th April 2011 by lordofthewing
1) It’s been a few days now and the feeling that the penalty miss is going to be crucial hasn’t subsided. Scoring that would have made the run in so much easier. My pacemaker is made from Poundshop batteries and used tin foil from a Milky Bar. It can’t handle anymore last 5 minutes like Sunday.
2) Though questions have to be asked why Samaras took the penalty for me the question has to be why he was still on the park to even be an option to take the kick.
One occasion summed up his contribution. As Old Father Time shuffled the ball out towards the Govan Stand, generally looking like an old scrot wandering aimlessly up and down a supermarket aisle looking for gout cream, Samaras dived in causing him to fall over and claim a replacement hip. It was an idiotic moment which sums up the Greek.
Samaras is like that bag of Haribos you find stuffed down the back seat of the car. They look great to eat but when you actually taste them it feels like your eating warm snot, which makes you wretched so hard water streams from your eyeballs. Problem is the next time you find a bag you eat them again.
3) This was a disappointing performance from Celtic. The result has gave the game a sort of warm hue that I feel some are hanging onto furiously as a positive. We never played well for 55 mins. We were suckered by the same tactics that The Myth fluked upon in the Diddy Cup Final.
What’s worse is that R*ngers never really laid a glove on us. A few ohhh’s and ahh’s but our goalie was largely redundant. We came into the game when they were done and should have really won. Why do always find the hammer but never hit the nail?
4) Did Lennon get it wrong to change the team to a more solid formation? I would say not but would question the Hooper substitution. If he wasn’t injured he should have stayed on.
5) That’s these guilty pleasures overwith for this season. Strathclydes finest raised a glass to our Greek Tragedy on Sunday night while we raised a toast to our manager. P8 W4 D2 L2. Undefeated at Ipox this season, which hasn’t been done since Saint Martin Of O’Neil. I call that progress and nothing short of a miracle.
Click on the images to like the blog on Facebook and to follow on Twitter. It’s banterriffic.