Posted on Friday, 16th September 2011 by lordofthewing
1) We start games like the school wimp curled up in the toilets awaiting a beating from the bullies and all in sundry. We are showing signs that one of these days we will maybe not give the bigger bullies a fight but will eventually stand up to the hangers on looking for an easy picking.
2) Keeping possession in Europe is the key to the game. This ability seems to beyond your normal pasty Scotsman like Mark Wilson and James Forrest. Even Kris Commons first touch saw him lose possession. Chico Mulgrew doesn’t come into this category. He qualifies to play for the USA you know….
3) Gary Hooper needs a friend for these European trips.
4) 45m Euro’s for Falcao? The Championship pairing of Wilson and Loovens kept him quiet but in Miranda (they would have been as well playing that goldfish looking unfunny comedienne) and Perea; Athletico surely have one of the worst right hand side of defence you will see in a half decent European side.
Sammy couldn’t take advantage though.
5) I know ESPN have to talk up their product but a message to Rae, Burley, Stubbs, Collins and McManaman we really don’t give a $hit about losing to the best team in the group no matter how much you bleat about it.