We are in the next round of the Diddy Cup. It’s called the semi-finals and moves to the white elephant that is Hampdump.
Our passage wasn’t without incident, awe and belly laughs. Let’s find out what tickled your correspondents fancy eh?
1) We can thank our lucky stars that 34 year old Ivan Spourle now can only play for 45 minutes and that Leigh Griffiths looks like a drop out from a methadone program.
2) Hibs are a fantastic side to play if your looking to get your ‘MoJo’ back. Tactically clueless manager who struggles to grasp the English language (much like the previous incumbent) nevermind the concept of defending. It’s groundhog day for the long suffering Hibees.
Not that I care a flying fig leaf.
3) Was Dan really pleading with the fourth official to send him off at half time to put him and us out of further misery? Another pairing in defence and seemingly our 17th concoction of back 4 in 18 games. No wonder we look like collapsing and curling up into a ball at the slightest thing.
4) James Forrest deservedly took man of the match and the manager took credit for telling him to change out of his coloured boots as the reason for this. Despite his blossoming performances I’m still struggling to grasp why he was awarded Septembers player of the month.
5) Lennon has proved that he can do the ‘embattled’ team talk when needed. With thoughts turning to Hampdump and with two first division bottom feeders as potential opponents I can bet that Ross County may feature heavily in any teamtalk if we get Ayr or Falkirk.