Like a good punch up at a wedding we have developed a right guid community spirit over the last few days on this blog. Like on such occasions we will look back on it all misty eyed and sober and proclaim: “That was a good night”.
Ok, maybe we are going to disagree, hurl insults and snide abuse but we all know that it’s for the greater good and for the one goal. If all our opinions were the same we would be a lesser blog. That’s entertainment as Mr Wellar once said and lets ensure that never happens.
Few folk have been in touch wondering how to get a profile pic when posting comments. These dudes www.gravatar.com will sort you out. Let’s see how you see yourself.
5 Facts from yesterday? On we go.
1) We need some controversy. Last season we had Dougiegate and assorted other crusades. We need to develop a siege mentality. Surely being 10 points behind and a large section of your own fans turning on you is reason enough?
2) The game was a typical early morning Sunday morning affair. It was drab and like ITV2 devoid of any decent content. We threatened to be decent, thought about it then decided we couldn’t be bothered.
Much like the start of our season, which at best can be described as stuttering. Defeats at Poundland and Swinecastle are no surprises but the freakish home defeat to St Johnstone gives our league position a more precarious location.
I think it’s easy to explain. We lack constancy of selection. Injuries and some bemusing decisions are the reason for this. Sort that out, we sort ourselves out.
3) Re above, seemingly when Hooper and Stokes have started we have won 7 out of 7. When the love birds haven’t been paired we have failed to win.
4) I often refer back to my days as the greatest unused sub in the Welfare League for analogies. Sometimes James Forrest just reminds me of that little boy who only gets a game because he can run a bit fast with very little noticeable talent or confidence.
5) If we needed a metaphor to sum up the first round of games then the sight of Dan waddling around up front like Sloth from The Goonies surely confirmed it as slightly embarrassing and disappointing.