Posted on Monday, 12th March 2012 by lordofthewing
1) It is shallow to be havin’ a go at the manager who has lead us to 27 gemmes undefeated in ALL competitions but I certainly wisnny too chuffed when a formation that has failed us on so many occasions was trotted oot yesterday.
I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach, one that I have had on the occasions that we have went wie two attacking wide men in hostile territory. Sunday was always going to be where you wid need to win the war before getting on and playing ba’.
Oor manager had a go at the players for a lacklustre first half. While he was right his team selection had a lot to do wie it. He ripped up his own tactics when Victor was moved back to CB, Chico to LB and Ledley into midfield.
We had an handsomely paid and decent centre back on the bench that would have negated that early change if he was selected.
2) There are those that cannae see past Chico Mulgrew for player of the year. That’s a great shout but for me, he is lagging behind Joe Ledley in the stakes. Joe scored his 8th of the season on Sunday.
The ALL important ice breaker. Just like in the Xmas defeat of Govan Athletic and like I remember him from his Cardiff days when Jeff Steling would announce another Ledley goal.
His importance to the team see’s him shoehorned into different positions at times. That’s not just a nod to his ability but also his influence.
3) Aye, Chico. It wisnae just Robbie Neilsons assault that was the crime of the afternoon but the fact that only one of Mulgrew’s excellent set piece deliveries found a Celtic head all afternoon. That was criminal and an inquest needs to be held.
4) Anyone else worried aboot Gary Hooper? Him and Stokes telepathy is now more the North Pier at Blackpool than twins separated at birth.
5) Where was Barry Robson 20 odd years ago? Decent player MacKay Stevens and we got a lucky break when Neilsons stupidity coupled wie Houstesticles poor management saw him leave the field.
The Player Ratings