It was a great first season at Celtic for former Australian international gaffer Ange Postecoglou, in December 2021 he lifted the Scottish League Cup with victory over Hibernian at Hampden Park, and we moved to the top of the Scottish Premiership table a few months later in February – staying there until the end of the campaign where the title trophy returned home.
The 2022/23 campaign looks like it will again be another successful year for the 57 year old, as despite the disruption caused by the first ever winter World Cup out in Qatar that saw the domestic fixture calendar paused for a few weeks, with 15 games played in the first half of the season, Celtic solidified their place in top spot once more with 42 points and a good plus 37 goal difference.
Going into the break with a six-point buffer would have done everyone’s confidence the world of good. and fans may fancy their own chances and try lots of online slots no deposit here.
With football returning now the World Cup is almost at an end, most fans will also have their eyes on the January transfer window, as there are bound to be a few ins and outs and it looks like one of those will be 21-year-old midfielder Scott Robertson.
It has recently been reported that Postecoglou has now informed the player that he is surplus to requirements and will not be offered a new deal, despite him featuring in Australia at the recent Sydney Cup.
The Daily Record have claimed that he will be on the move when the window opens and a switch to St Mirren could be on the cards, but he could also be set for a new adventure and a reunion with former team mate Scott Brown at English League One side, Fleetwood Town.
England would certainly be an option for the player given his previously successful loan spells out with Gillingham, Doncaster Rovers and Crewe Alexandra and he admitted himself in a recent interview that unfortunately his time at the club was now up and whilst fans wait to see where he ends up they might want to dabble with secure online casinos with instant withdrawal provided.
“I’m weirdly looking forward to getting a new team, facing a fresh challenge and playing regularly. The manager will have a meeting with me on Thursday to tell me what’s been decided but I’m already aware of the situation. My agent told me last week after he’d been on a phone call with the manager and chief executive Michael Nicholson and they told him I couldn’t be guaranteed game time and there wouldn’t be a contract extension next summer. I’ve missed that feeling of getting ready for a game on a Saturday and gaining that consistency which playing week after week brings. Whether I move in January or in the summer remains to be seen but I’m excited about what the future will bring. It’s about waiting to see if the right club comes along and taking careful consideration of the options out there. There’s so much to look forward to as a new chapter in my career is about to begin and I’m going to relish that.”
Despite his ultimate lack of game time at the club, there are bound to be plenty of suitors given how highly rated he was when he first broke through into the first team fold, it just depends on what option he thinks suits him best.
Photo by Unsplash