1) 180 minutes without a goal. Against Sion we didn’t look like scoring at least against St Johnstone we passed up numerous opportunities to make us comfortable.
That’s no great thing when you consider that Sion are or looked ordinary and St Johnstone are already looking relegation haunted but for long spells in both games they could have played with slippers on and reading Tv Quick.
2) Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, out for a throw in. Pass, pass, pass, pass, back pass, humped to no-one. Pass, pass, pass, pass, move breaks down. Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, cross to no-one. Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass………(continue for 180 mins until it feels like knitting needles being put up your nostrils and your praying for Daryl Murphy).
3) Have we now seen the end of Shaun Maloney as a credible option for Celtic Football Club? I watched footage of him, via The Celtic Viewer, from 2004-05 and it was heartbreaking to see a shadow of that player, an almost broken version of that player, yesterday.
He is now a Channel 5 afternoon weepy in which the main character dies but is fondly remembered by a memorial park bench in his favourite garden.
4) Going to mention two players in this. Paddy McCourt once again was abused by the management team. He was sent on in the hope that he had his Super Paddy knickers on to produce that bit of magic.
The problem was that it all others in green and white hoped this was going to happen as well and shunned all responsibility or the notion that they should maybe do a bit themselves. Paddy should have started this game in the place of the unfit and out of form Commons.
It was funny once but after the third time Danny Masjtorivic raised his hand sheepishly to acknowledge the groans of the crowd after he found row Z with another cross field pass is just embarrassing.
5) I think we can end all debate whether or not Kelvin Wilson, Izzy, Kayal and Hooper are our 4 best players. It’s quite clear that they are. The debate can also end about the merits of some fringe players. They have none.
Cool, Retro, Footie and Pop Culture Tees. Make even the fat look cooler.